Create capacity building opportunities through strategic policy development
The Victorian government’s Social Enterprise Strategy and commitment to social procurement is a clear signal that policy-makers are responding to the potential of social enterprise. These moves are significant, because they create business development opportunities while promoting businesses to create wider social and economic impacts.
- Opportunities exist regarding social procurement, quasi-market development and supply chain development.
- Channel government resources towards evidence-informed programs to build social enterprise capacity.
- Develop online portals to encourages partnerships and collaboration opportunities.
Work with philanthropy to improve impact measurement
Government has a role to play in assisting the development of better impact measurement systems:
- Work strategically with philanthropy to reduce or subsidise the cost of measurement.
- Help to develop better measurement outcomes that are systematic and, where possible, produce systems that are flexible to meet the needs of organisations.